I had no idea that it had been a month since I was on this thing. I have had lots of little things going on to keep me busy so I just haven't been on the computer much in general. Thanksgiving was fun. My brother's family (who live near by) was sick with food poisoning so we didn't go to his house as we usually do. We stayed home during the day, with Nelson only having to run a few errands in the morning. It was great to have him home with us. Rebekah and I put up the Christmas tree, though in truth it stayed undecorated until this past Saturday. On Thanksgiving evening We went to Nelson's Aunt's house to have what is usually our second turkey dinner of the day. We arrived on time, which meant that we were about two hours early (no joke) so we helped out and chatted with the few people who were there. It was nice. I even enjoyed dinner. I say this because I do not like turkey. I can eat some of the dark meat with cranberry sauce, but absolutely no white meat. Yuck. Nelson's family doesn't really eat pumpkin pie either, so I didn't make one like I usually do. No pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving; isn't that a crime of some sort?
In November I also had Young Women in Excellence. Since our president had just had her baby, it was left to myself and the second councelor to literally do everything. We had a very nice dinner (served by the Young Men), a guest speaker, a musical number, and pretty decorations. It was a lot of work and in truth, I got sick for the next two days after it! I'm thinking this happened because of the stress (lot's of things were trying to go wrong on the big night) and because I was too stressed to eat that night. Well, thankfully I have sweet friends who were willing to help with Rebekah as I lay motionless on the couch, or as I was throwing up. Isn't that a lovely visual. Thankfully it's all over with now and the Y.W. had a great time and I am fine now.
Okay, Rebeks is crying for attention, and a clean diaper.
2 comments:
Sue, I can't believe I've talked to you how many times since Thanksgiving, and I never once asked how your holiday was! Shame on me. Sounds like you had a decent time though--good, good. Love you!
Merry Christmas Susannah! Miss you!
Post a Comment