Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Camping out

I had an extremely eventful evening/morning. As some of you here in H* may know, today is the opening day for the book The Host by Stephenie Meyer. By going to a specific Barnes and Nobles and purchasing the book there you could also get a wristband for an event this Friday evening to meet Stephenie, ask questions and get autographs. Needless to say I was intrigued and decided to go for it. There was a catch of course. There were a limited number of wristbands available. The plan was then set to leave here at 6:00 am and be at the bookstore before 7:oo and wait (the store opened at 9:00 am.) Yesterday around 5:30 p.m. I called the bookstore just to make sure that everything was still set for today. It was, but the gentleman on the phone informed me that people were already lined up waiting. Uh, what? Really? Okay, change of plans. I called Tara B up immediately and the first thing I asked her was "Do you have sleeping bags?" So from that a new plan transpired and once Nelson came home from his final exam (at 11:30 pm, poor guy) Tara and I took off to the bookstore. We arrived around 12:20 or so and just barely found a place in line under the covered walkway. So yes, we camped out in order to get the wristbands. How funny, I know, or crazy, just fill in whatever word you like.
The evening, er morning actually went very well. Of course we are exhausted from getting less than three hours of sleep, and here I am blogging instead of sleeping while Rebekah is doing just that! Between the two of us we had two sleeping bags, three umbrellas just in case (one a giant beach umbrella), two camping chairs, a double size inflatable air mattress, two blankets, two pillows, snacks, a cooler with drinks, milk, cereal, bowls and spoons. Of course we had magazines and books as well. It was very comfortable despite being on a sidewalk beside a busy road! I had a lot of fun and am grateful to Nelson that he didn't mind sleeping alone last night!!!
Can't wait for Friday, it should prove to be a lot of fun. I just hope the autograph line doesn't take forever to get through!

Waiting in line VERY early Tuesday morning
At least we weren't on the cement like the people in front of us. Waiting in line inside the bookstore
The fruits of our labors.

9 comments:

david santos said...

Great post.
I loved this posta and this blog.
Have a nice day

Emma said...

How fun! I'm already on the waiting list at me library. I might get it in about 2 months! Have fun meeting Stephenie!

lyn said...

I love that you guys camped out!!

Madelyn said...

You gals are awesome! What an adventure indeed.

Ashley said...

I wish I could have been there. That souns like so much fun!!! I need to buy that book.

The Kerr Family said...

Sounds like fun. Way to just go for it!

Anonymous said...

We are so awesome!

Jennifer said...

I found you via Tara's blog and I'm so glad I did! You two look so cute and cozy all tucked in at Barnes and Noble.

~Ali said...

so, I left the same comment on tara's blog...

You guys are the biggest geeks I know!!!!


Let me know if the new book is any good. Love ya!