Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oh Baby

Ya know, I thought I remembered how things were for me when I was pregnant with Rebekah, but let me tell you, my mind conveniently forgot some things. You see, I remembered that Rebekah would kick me all of the time in the ribs, and that it would get to the point of giving me charlie horses or muscle cramps in that rib area, but I forgot how it actually felt. This baby has been kicking me in that same spot for the past few weeks and all I can think is: really? Already? I'll have to deal with these feet in my ribs for over two months? This baby is very very active and strong. He (or she, but you know what I think) hurts me sometimes while stretching or moving about. I forgot about that too. I remembered that I had to go to the bathroom often, but now that it's hitting four times per night I am realizing that I also forgot how annoying and tiring it was. I am so excited to meet this little one, I just wish it were already mid May so that the baby was here. I really am getting anxious and excited for these last 7 weeks to be done. I find myself trying to make up excuses to do things for the baby already, like reorganizing Rebekah's closet and dresser to make room, buying wipes and Newborn diapers, cleaning the house like crazy, de-cluttering and selling anything I don't think we need, etc. I know full well that I still have plenty of time to get things ready, I guess I just want to feel like I'm doing something to connect me with the baby in some way. I think another reason for this is that since I can't set up a boy or girl nursery or buy specific things now, I'm trying to do whatever else I can. I'm trying to hold off for about four more weeks before I make Nelson head up to the attic and start bringing things down for the baby, washing the clothes, and setting up the crib (we actually don't know exactly which room to set up shop in for the baby yet, so perhaps I should spend my time figuring that one out.) Man oh man, waiting in these last two months is not going to be easy. I've never really thought of myself as a particularly patient person, after all.

Six months and a bit. I am a lot bigger now.

6 comments:

gollyjess said...

you look like one hot mamma! I knew that you had posted some new posts after I read your comments, so I headed right on over! And you did. Sorry about the flu. It seems like little Alma is always getting sick with a cough and runny nose. So I don't sleep very much. Not quite the flu, but still, tiring.

The Kerr Family said...

Love the belly!! You look great.

Kevin and Kerry said...

I hear ya...I am ready too. You inspire me though when you talk about cleaning everything and reorganizing. I am still searching for enough energy to get that done.

cheryl said...

You look so good! We can't wait to the little one to arrive too and hope the next two months pass quickly for you.

Brekke said...

I think you look great! But that feeling you are having is called nesting. I don't think there's much you can do to change it. I hope the next 7 weeks go by fast.

Jennifer said...

I'm super excited for you! Thanks for the detailed trips and adventures that I too have conviently forgotten but will remember quickly enough! You look great!