Saturday, July 24, 2010

Oh Canada!

We have been having quite a fun time here in Canada (more specific Southern Alberta). The weather has been an issue half of the time, what with it being so cold I had to go buy pants for the kids, to it being nice and warm enough to swim the next day. Oh, and then there was the day that it was so cold in the morning I decided to make Crock-pot tortilla soup for the family for dinner, and then by the time it I was dinner time it was too hot outside to eat it! (We still ate it, though, but boy was it too warm for it.)

On the days where the weather has been cooperating we have kept quite busy. We went white water rafting in Glacier National Park in Montana, hit up good old Stirling days, complete with it's parade, kiddie carnival, meals and fireworks, went to a 10 year high school reunion, went toWaterton National Park, swam, four-wheeled, and had a few bonfires and hot dog roasts (hey, it's too hot in H*town to do them in the summer so I've been getting my fill while I can!).

I have enjoyed seeing my grandparents, parents, siblings and nieces/nephews. We always have such fun conversations that there is never a dull moment. A great holiday!

Almost every night Rebekah and Levi enjoyed a bath in the jet/jacuzzi tub:



Playing in Gpa's yard with cousin Alma:


Playing at the park during Stirling Days:


Waving for more candy at the parade:


My dad and nieces/nephew in the parade for his restaurant Chopstix:


Rebekah had asked me if we could ride a horse when we went to visit grandpa. I happen to be friends with this nice fellow in the photo with her, and he was kind enough to let us come over and ride his horse Poco.


Levi and Chloe riding Poco:

Look closely and you'll see a very nervous smile on my face. I hadn't been on a horse since seventh grade, when one bucked me off and I broke my wrist.


No comments: