Rebekah started Pre-k this week!!
She has done so well and really enjoys her class and teacher. Our plan was for her to go to the Spanish class but at the last minute they told us it was full! That was disappointing but Rebekah didn't complain at all, even though she had been really looking forward to it.
The only downer about the Pre-k class is that it is all day long. I talked to the teacher about taking Rebekah home at lunch (I have a friend who did this and is doing it again this year with a different teacher). The teacher wasn't really sold on that idea and strongly suggested that we try going all day for a few weeks to try it out. Rebekah thought this was a great idea when I told it to her and she has been happily (usually) going to all day Pre-k. I think I'm having a harder time with this than she is. Yesterday I drove past the school just to be closer to her!! Oh no, what's a poor, lonely, pathetic mother to do?!!
Levi has missed Rebekah as well, though I think he is Okay with it. He says her name sometimes but I've been trying to get us out of the house to do something each day. Nelson has been home due to minor surgery (dental surgery) and I think that when he goes back to work Levi and I will start missing sweet Rebekah a whole lot more!! I'm wondering how long I can hold out on this full day thing.
Excited for the first day!
2 comments:
Oh,she is so cute! I love the excited smiles. And no, you aren't pathetic for driving past the school. Don't tell my kids but I did they same thing once this week, hoping to get a glance of one of them at recess :)
How fun for her!
Post a Comment