Sunday, October 24, 2010

This is Halloween

This weekend Levi and Rebekah had the opportunity to put on their Halloween costumes early for the YMCA tailgate party. This is something we go to each year and the kids always have a great time. They have trick or treating, games, pumpkins painting, camel rides (how is that associated with Halloween?) and the costume contest.

Last year at Halloween I decided that for this year Rebekah was going to be a peacock and Levi was going to be a tucan. Rebekah wore the tucan costume when she was the same age and it is still so cute and unique. Rebekah won the costume contest as the tucan that year, so I was wondering if it would bring luck to Levi this year. Well tucan Levi didn't win like he did last year, but peacock Rebekah did! I was very pleased with the way her costume turned out, and to be honest I think it turned out even prettier than I imagined.

The pictures didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped, but honestly I'm not a good photographer!






3 comments:

cheryl said...

Oh my goodness! Her costume is amazing. You are talented. I hardly feel like I can post Samara's sad pony costume now. I know where to turn next year for help. :)

~Ali said...

What cute costumes!!! I remember that tucan! Didn't rebecca win a contest wearing that. Rebecca looks adorable.

~Ali said...

duh - I just read your post. I should read it and then reply! :)