Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Rebekah and Levi were able to go to a couple of easter egg hunts/festivals this year. I found a new one that was quite fun and, better yet, free! It had bounce houses, crafts, games, face painting, egg hunts, and food and drinks for everyone. The kids had a blast! We also invited a couple of little friends over to dye easter eggs. Levi ended up with green hands as well as green eggs but hey, he had a good time.






Today I made a big ham dinner and we had one of Nelson's Home Teaching families over for Easter dinner. I think we should have invited a lot more people because we have soooo much food left! It was a nice visit, and Nelson gave a great message about teaching children the true meaning of Easter. I find that I focus too often on the fun holiday aspect of things and not enough on the gospel side of things. I know I talked about the Resurrection a few times to my kids, but perhaps not enough to counter the Easter basket and egg hunt parts. I was grateful that Nelson stepped in and corrected that for me, even if he wasn't aware that it needed to be done. He is such a good man and I love him so much. We have a great daddy in our family.

No comments: