Thursday, March 1, 2012

February update

This month had some highs and lows. 
At the beginning of the month I had to get two root canals.  Ouch!  Actually, the pain had become excruciating, to the point that one day the kids and I were sitting in a parking lot while I was sobbing in pain in the drivers seat.  So needless to say - thank heavens for root canals!  Though my wallet has a different view on the whole situation.
The next week Nelson started to get a cold.  He was also very tired and after a few days his right eye started to feel weird.  He wasn't able to close it normally.  The next day he started to say that the right side of his face felt like it does when you get get Novocain at the dentist.  WHAT?!!  So this started the alarm bells off in my head.  The right side of Nelson's face was going numb and mildly paralyzed?!  So off to the doctor he went.  The doctor diagnosed him with Bells Palsy.  He got a couple of shots of steroids and antibiotics.  It ended up being a mild case - his facial muscles started to improve within a few days.  By two weeks everything was back to normal.  I am so glad that it was nothing more serious.  My imagination had been going in overdrive when this all started.
The rest of the month was filled with good things.
At school Rebekah attended a Suzuki workshop.  At the end of the week she had a concert!  Caroline and I were able to attend and it was so cute.  She did great.
Valentine's Day was also fun. Due to dental work on the 14th, we celebrated Valentine's Day on the 15th. Last year I decided to make a special dinner for our whole family. I quite enjoyed it and so I did the same this year. I grilled yummy shrimp, made a delicious salad, some rolls, and made some fancy schmancy steaks - so good. For dessert the kids and I made chocolate dipped strawberries. The table was set up nicely as well. When Levi and Rebekah saw the table and sat down they had this amazed, excited look on their faces. It made them feel special, which is what I hoped for.
On the 17th Molly and Chad, Ben and Jonathan and their families came to visit!  We all stayed at Sam's house and had a great time together there. We made yummy pizzas, went out for delicious Mexican food, went shopping, watched movies in Sam's theater room, played with the kids, and talked.  Shanna also graced us with her incredible talent and took family photos of us.  (Thanks so much!)  Some of us also went to the Houston Children's Museum.  It's amazing, rated the top in the country.  I was so glad to be able to share some fun activities that my family does, with some of my siblings.



No comments: