Friday, August 22, 2008
Rebekah Update
I have had several people ask me about Rebekah the past few months and I have been meaning to post something about it for a while, so here I go, finally. Rebekah went to see Dr. Haymond in June and the most recent news is pretty much the same as before. In the past two appointments Rebekah has been measured as paralleling the growth curve. So far since we've been seeing Dr. Haymond she hasn't dropped lower or grown any closer to the curve, she has been steadily staying at a parallel rate with the curve, but below it of course. This is not really good or bad. It's good that she is not decreasing percentage wise but it's really good that she is not getting any closer to the curve either. SO...we are going to wait six months between appointments this time to see how she does. I certainly hope that she is at least paralleling the curve again. Dr. Haymond explained that this paralleling means that she is not Growth Hormone Deficient or Resistant, so that's a positive, but it's still not clear if she will need any treatment. In March I asked him about what we would do if they decide something needs to be done and he said Growth Hormone shots. So, that's what we will be looking at come December/January. He will recheck her growth, run/repeat a few tests (basic ones, no more MRIs) and from there if needs be decide about Growth Hormones or not. So yes, we are still in limbo. Thankfully I am not as upset about it as I was before. I am still disheartened at the thought of possibly giving shots to Rebekah every day and about her being much shorter than other kids her age. I am just getting used to dealing with this and worrying about it I guess. Either way, I keep praying daily for her and that's all I can do right now, right? Well, there's the update. I certainly hope that come December I will finally have something definite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Here's a thought to make you feel better - it's nice you can still carry Rebekah around in your purse!!!
I'm praying for you too, you know.
I meant to ask you about it in Utah--shame on me. I'm glad that she's at least parallel to the curve. She's in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment