Saturday, October 11, 2008

Race for the Cure 2008




Last Saturday was the Race for the Cure for Breast Cancer. We do it every year, with the exception of last year. It was great to go back this year. I enjoy it so much and there is such a wonderful feeling there. All of these people getting together to raise money for a great cause. Rebekah and I went to do the family walk and Nelson did the competitive run. There were over 30, 000 people there, a Houston record and let me tell you it was packed. You could barely even move to get anywhere. For the non competitive walk it took over 45 minutes to even get TO THE STARTING LINE. Rebekah and I were trying to do that walk as well, but before we were even halfway TO THE STARTING LINE Nelson was already done his run. So... we stopped and waited for all the people to get past us. Yeah, that took another 15 minutes or more. But I can't really complain because the more people who are there, the more money that is being raised to find a cure. So yes, it was crowded but great.

3 comments:

The Kerr Family said...

Way to go Sue! I'm so proud of you for doing that each year. And Bex, you just keep getting cuter and cuter. Hopefully a miracle will happen and we can see you at Thanksgiving.

cheryl said...

Susannah, check out this link. You can sign up to be a research subject. http://www.armyofwomen.org/
They want to 'To recruit one million healthy women of every age and ethnicity, including breast cancer survivors and women at high-risk for the disease, to partner with breast cancer researchers and directly participate in the research that will eradicate breast cancer once and for all.'

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

I am so happy you were able to do it this year.