Monday, May 18, 2009

No baby yet

Just a quick update to let you all know that I have not had the baby yet. I have received several phone calls from family and friends wondering what's happening, so I decided to save some time and post it here. At my appointment today I was a lovely 1 1/2 cm dilated, so that was disappointing but hey, what can you do? So the good doctor said he'd give me another week and if I don't have the baby by then we'll have to schedule a blasted c-section. Dang it. So let's all hope that the baby decides to cooperate and comes this week sometime (preferably before the weekend as my doctor's not on call then.) Now I need to come up with a way to stay really busy to keep my mind off of it. Ideas, anyone?

5 comments:

Kristen and Ryan said...

I tried everything but castor oil (altitude change, spicy food, walking, mattress mambo, etc) and I can't say anything worked immediately...I hear castor oil works but is so yucky it isn't worth it.
hopefully prayers of family and friends does it for you!
good luck! I am so excited for you!

~Ali said...

I am so exicted for you! I can't wait to hear what you have! Good luck with everything.

emily said...

when i was 40 weeks the midwives placed some progesterone supplements to see if that would help make sure things went by 41. i can't say for sure that it did--it does for other gals--i went to 41 and 1 day, but i did have the 2 hour nice labor eventually. maybe your dr. would consider doing that--it's not too artificial? or i don't know if you have to avoid all for a vbac. best of luck--sending you prayers and good labor vibes!

alli would really love to see rebekah, so if you want to bring her over and go . . . . whatever--walk for miles, lay in a ball on your couch, or even come over here and be distracted--feel free.

The Carlsons said...

Come to my house!!

April said...

How far dialated do you have to be for them to strip your membranes? Would they be able to do that now? I'd call and ask about that and the progesterone supplements... anything to hopefully get things going. I hope baby decides to come soon! If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call!