I can't believe that my cutie-baby is 6 months old!!! The time has literally flown by. Some days I struggle with juggling two kids, errands and housework, and then on other days things go smoothly. I have a feeling that this is the ways things are so long as their are young children in the house. On the days where I am uber productive and the house is just as tidy as I like it, the kids have been neglected. If I am on top of everything then the kids suffer. If I am a bit neglectful to the house than the kids are happier, i.e. don't have to wait for me to help, play, or hold them. Ahk! What is there to do?! Honestly, how can I have my house and laundry clean and done while still being there for my children all of the time?! I don't think it can be done as well as I would like it to.
My mom had a poem on our wall at home and I think I am sadly realizing that it is true:
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow
For children grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
Well, I can't quite get myself to let the mess stay, but I'm learning that perhaps it doesn't have to be cleaned up immediately. Waiting a little bit doesn't hurt the house, but it will make me miss out on my kiddos growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment