Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter time

We had a fun little Easter this year and in true Susannah fashion I took the kids to several different Easter activities. It all started out the weekend before Easter. I heard about a unique, fun, free Easter celebration which involved not only tons of activities for the kids, but also an Easter egg drop. Not quite sure what that means? Well let me tell you then! They call it an egg drop and not a hunt because a helicopter comes and drops all the eggs onto a huge field and then the kids go at it. Rebekah loved it.






A few days later we went to the library for a special Easter themed story time, craft and Easter egg hunt.

In typical Levi fashion, going for/eating the grass instead of the egg.





The next day for our ward playgroup we had our annual Easter egg hunt at a nature park. It was fun as well.

The babies at the hunt, hanging out together.





At this point we had so many eggs at out house that I asked the Easter bunny not to bring any more over to our house when he came. Thankfully he obliged. He did however plan a fun little Easter basket hunt for the kids all around our house. This was a family first for us and Rebekah enjoyed it so much I will definitely let the Easter bunny know to do it again next year.









Rebekah was not as obliging as the Bunny and figured we needed more eggs lying around our house. She decided to dye some and to participate in a fourth hunt at Nelson's aunt's house.





I may have over done it this Easter. I think perhaps next year I'll cut something out...




Or maybe not.

4 comments:

emily said...

Dude, you have to let me know where that helicoper one is--i'm totally going next year!

Kevin and Kerry said...

I think you might be voted to be the next Easter Bunny!! You have the Easter spirit, and I love it!! Where do you get all your energy girl?? THe helicopter drop looks awesome and we will definitely be there next year!!

cheryl said...

How fun!!! You always find the coolest things to take your kids to. I love those two kids! They are way too cute!

Audrey said...

The easter drop sounds like the best! I have never heard of anything like it!