Friday, May 28, 2010

The big 1 year old boy

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe that my baby turned 1 !! Nelson keeps teasing me, saying that Levi isn't a baby anymore, but he still is!!! He can't walk or talk, and he's my babe!
We had a combined friend birthday party with Levi and his little friend Avery, whose birthday was the day before his. We did a cute bright green (for Levi) and pink (for Avery) monkey theme. I found a picture of some cute monkey cupcakes last fall so I had been planning this monkey theme for quite some time. It all turned out very cute! I'll post pictures when I get them.

Here's what Levi's been up to this past month:

Stats at 1 year: 19 pounds 4 oz (he lost weight due to sickness); 29 3/4 inches tall.
  • The monkey themed b-day was very accurate because Levi is very curious and likes to climb onto everything!!! The kitchen table, coffee table, the toy kitchen, Rebekah's bed, the top of the toilet...perhaps I should start calling him (Curious) George as a nickname.
  • He is even wigglier than before, if that's possible. People, aside from me or Nelson, have taken to calling him a wiggle worm.
  • He still loves to rip apart and chew paper, especially toilet paper (clean T.P., thank heavens.)
  • He has finally stopped trying to eat every little thing he finds on the ground. It's about 40% of the time now.
  • He sleeps and naps very well, and is very easy to put down to sleep.
  • Levi has a great appetite and out eats his sister on occasion.
  • Levi loves being outside.
  • He loves Rebekah so much, and likes to lean into her, smoosh their faces together, and bonk heads.

Birthday morning, opening presents:




Birthday Party in the Evening for Levi and Avery:





No comments: