Sunday, March 21, 2010

St. Patrick's Day, Part 2

I know this is a few days late, but that Leprechaun did in fact come back to our house. And to our ward's playgroup, too. I put together a scavanger/treasure hunt around the park where our playgroup met. The kids followed the clues (with the help of the moms) and ended up finding a basket full of the leprechaun's gold (chocolates.) Later that day Nelson, the kids and I dressed up like leprechauns and headed over to Chick-fil-A. They had a St. Patrick's day promotion going on that if you dressed up like a leprechaun you could get a free meal. So we did it. It was slightly embarrasing and very silly. If you want to see a family photo of us all dressed up just look on the wall at the Meyerland Chick-fil-A. Seriously. They took a picture of us.

Reading a clue for the scavenger hunt

The kids in action during the hunt


The Ortiz Leprechauns
(It was hard to get a good picture with Levi grabbing his beard/hat off every few seconds.)


A close up of Leprechaun Levi and Rebekah

2 comments:

April said...

So I have to say something about your music... usually I love all the music on your blog, but today it started with "Rehab" so I had to scroll down and skip it. Sorry. :)

It looks like you guys are having fun! I love the picture of Levi in the sink, too cute! When can we get together, either you guys up here or us down there?

Erin said...

You all look great. Thanks for the hunt at playgroup. I told my mom and she was really impressed with your creativity. I am too.