Sunday, March 21, 2010

A visit from my sister

My darling sister Katy came for a visit this past weekend. I am so glad that she came. We had such a great time and I miss her already. I feel a bit empty now that she's gone. I've already started planning fun things for me for this coming week so that I have something to look forward to and won't just think about missing her.
  • We really had a lot of fun together and have decided that a sister's weekend every year/other year should to be mandatory. Our other sisters were definitely missed this weekend. The highlights of her trip were:
  • Eating real Texas BBQ at Goode Company BBQ. The food was good, but oh man their pecan pie was the best I've ever tasted.

  • Going to Harwin street and searching through all the shops for knock-off designer purses. This street is loaded with so many different shops. They sell everything from furniture to jewelry to purses. It was so fun to look around at all the bags. We both ended up buying fabulous "Valentino" bags.

  • Spending the afternoon at a Spa for massages and hand/feet treatments. Katy surprised me with this. She decided that since she had never been to a spa we should try one out together. She is so generous and sweet.

  • Baking the best chocolate chip cookies ever.

  • Visiting with our brother Sam and his family and seeing the massive under-construction addition to his house.

I can't wait until I get to see you again Katy! We all love you!

The fantastic purses


Katy and Me


4 comments:

Shasta said...

Love your blog! The St. Patrick's day posts are awesome! What is the best way to get a hold of you so we can get together and do a playdate? You can email me at my gmail screename

Jeff and Katy said...

Zannah, I had the best time ever! Of course, I'm totally sick at home now, and I think only part of it is the laryngitis...the other part is definitely emptiness. :( I loved spending time with you and your fabulous family! We need to do this again next year for sure!

cheryl said...

You girls are gorgeous! So glad you had a great time together.

gollyjess said...

Lurve the bags! Sounds like you had a blast, or should I say blurst?! And I have to say that Alma laughed his can off at the picture of Nelson and crew dressed as leperchauns. What a cute bunch!