Monday, March 29, 2010

We almost had a dog...

This past weekend we had a bit of an adventure. On Friday afternoon Nelson came home for lunch. Rebekah came running to me, excitedly yelling "Daddy has a puppy in his truck!" I dismissed this claim but after a minute decided to go out to the truck with her to prove to her that there was no puppy. Well... there was, sort of. Not a puppy, but a big chocolate lab (such a beautiful color!). The dog was dirty and skinny but calm and very friendly.

The dog had injured paws so we kept it around for a few days to see how she was doing. Rebekah fell in love with her and we even named it. She wanted the dog to have the last name Ortiz like us. Nelson has always wanted to name a son Julio and there is no way that will ever happen so I figured that giving the dog the name Julio was the only way to get it in our family. After I'd though about that for a second I decided that I didn't want to call the dog Julio and it became the middle name. I have in fact always wanted a chocolate lab to name Charlie so the dog's name became Charles Julio Ortiz, a.k.a. Charlie (you can call a girl Charlie, right?!)

It was fun having the dog but since it belonged to someone else we ended up giving her to a shelter. Rebekah really wants a dog and I have to admit I felt safer with the dog in the backyard. I think we may end up getting a dog. Charles Julio Ortiz the second.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

You're so funny! I love the name. We want a chocolate lab too so I hope you do get one. We can come visit until we can get our own. :)