Friday, March 12, 2010

Levi's surgery

Levi had surgery this week. It had been scheduled for over a month and I must confess that I had been anxious about it. Anyone who really knows me knows that I am a stresser. That's where my dear family comes into play. They all prayed and fasted for Levi and our family last weekend and it made all the difference for me. I felt peace and was calm the entire time, even when I had to hand my baby over to the anesthesiologist and watch them walk away with him (alright, perhaps I did get a bit teary eyed, but that only lasted a moment.)
The surgery went really well and they didn't have to do as much as they expected which was great. Levi seems to be recovering quite well. He's in pretty good spirits over all. He's even sleeping well, which I did not anticipate.
We went back to the doctor today for a follow-up and to get the catheter removed. Everything is healing well and Levi is more comfortable without that thing, that's for sure.
All in all he's pretty happy and seems to not be in too much pain, though he still has a few more weeks for his recovery.

1 comment:

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

I didn't even know he needed surgery. I am glad things went well for you all.